During my last post we were 47 days and counting from the big day.
As I expected it’s now come down to the details for everything, all those tiny little things that start quietly sneak up on you.
So what have we done over the last 35 days?
– Created the timeline for the ceremony including musical cues
– Received our wedding license
– Put together all of the wedding favors (Thanks Jenn Johnson for your help!)
– Checked up on our honeymoon plans
– Created the seating chart
– Coordinated with our friend Eric about officiating the ceremony
– Purchased decorations including frames for photos and our sign-able picture framed
– Paid for the flowers
and so many other tiny little tasks, e-mails and errands that honestly escape me at this point in time. It’s quite remarkable how important all the little details are with such a big event.
This Friday my co-workers are throwing us a wedding shower and Jenny will get her introduction to the C.A.R. staff, people who over the 14 years have become a 2nd family to me.
Little League is coming to an end with my last practice last night, and my final game with the kids on Sunday.
Sometime this weekend I’ll manage to clean the house, and prep it for the arrival of family next Thursday.
While Jenny and I are very excited about everything, we are getting to the point where we’re looking forward to just being done with the planning, enjoying the day with family and friends, going on the honeymoon and beginning our life together as husband and wife.
12 days and counting…